Baseball Card Exchange (BBCE) is a two-way marketplace for trading cards — often ones that are rare, vintage and/or autographed. Owner Phil Endris has been passionate about cards and autographs since his childhood, and now he’s making it easier for people to buy and sell them online.
In addition to its atypical buying AND selling business model, BBCE also offers authentication services. With the brand promise of convenience, the company knew it needed an ecommerce solution tailored to this unique customer journey.
Endris and BBCE turned to Uncap to create a from-scratch Shopify Plus ecommerce site paired with best-in-class apps. Among the integrated commerce solutions built into the BBCE website were Agolia for search and discovery, Growave for loyalty and wishlists, Klaviyo for email and SMS marketing and Tidio for live chat. With the right communication and navigation technologies, BBCE was perfectly equipped to knock the customer experience out of the park.
- A custom app to manage all customer requests (buy/sell/authentication) and orders
- The native ability to reject or approve any request as well as send customizable email messages
- A personalized account page for each customer housing order history, wish lists, loyalty points and rewards.
- A rule-based Algoria search implementation ensuring customers are shown only relevant product results from the expansive catalog
- A Unique Buy List providing customers a direct offer for the products they own
- Faster order and payment processing times
- Integrated payment options such as Shop Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and all major credit cards.